Fear of driving is the fear to be a passenger or drive in a vehicle. Below are a couple of ways fear of driving can present itself:
- Fear of driving due to some kind of panic disorder (often presents itself as fear of highways)
- Fear of driving due to stress
- Fear of driving after a trauma
- Fear of driving due to performance anxiety
- Fear of driving due to lack of skills
- Fear of driving as a result of another disorder
During your first conversation with instructor Ton van Glabbeeck he will ask you and talk with you about the reasons why you are afraid to drive. Then he will create a step-by-step plan to help you to participate in traffic in a relaxed and confident way at your own pace.